Part-Time Finance Assistant
We are looking for a part-time Finance Assistant to join our team! You will work within the Administrative team, helping to coordinate BMC’s financial accounts, statements, purchase ledger, budgets, and cashflows, alongside providing any other administrative support required. The role will offer a varied workload and BMC offer a personal training budget to support you in any ongoing achievement of relevant qualifications.
The ideal candidate will be AAT qualified (or similar), or working towards this qualification. Experience within a similar role is essential.
Terms: Permanent contract, part-time hours.
Hours: One or two days per week with potential to increase hours in line with the needs of the organisation. Hours and days are flexible upon request (8-hours per week minimum)
Salary: £20,000 p/a (pro rata)
Reports to: Ben Rawlence / Vicky Curran
Holidays: 20 days holiday + 8 bank holidays + extra Christmas shutdown
Location: Talgarth, Powys (with some flexibility to work from home)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintaining databases, accounts, and financial records.
- Responsible for the payment of all invoices, querying issues or inconsistencies with suppliers and ensuring payments are made on time.
- Organisation and recording of all invoices (digitally and physically).
- Process staff expense claims.
- Bank reconciliation.
- Monitor and maintain cashflow spreadsheets.
- Create and maintain financial forecasts.
- Prepare budgets as required.
- Preparation of cashflow reports.
- Use of QuickBooks to reconcile accounts, categorise payments, create budgets, and run various financial reports.
- Ensuring that all donated income is correctly recorded and applied.
- Basic bookkeeping duties.
- Analysing financial data, identifying and resolving any errors or discrepancies.
- Monthly payroll information submission to external company and posting of journals.
- Payment of staff salaries on a monthly basis.
- Submitting pension information and payments to HMRC.
- Assisting with preparation of year-end accounts.
- Liaising with BMC’s Accountant and Director.
- Keeping paperwork updated, in order, and readily available to access.
- Supporting the administration team with any ad-hoc tasks required.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience within a finance/accounts role required.
- Part qualified level or actively studying towards accountancy exams (e.g. AAT/ACCA/CIMA).
- Ability to analyse financial figures and statements, identify discrepancies and resolve issues effectively.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- The ability to work accurately and efficiently, prioritising your workload.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Excel.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Experience using QuickBooks.
- Welsh Speaker.
- Member of the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers.
- Personal interest in the environment/climate change and/or education.
Please apply by emailing your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday 26th November.
Contact – Vicky Curran