Black Mountains College (BMC) is a new, small college which aims to have a big impact. BMC re-imagines what education is for and how it is delivered. Our unique programme connects the environment, society and the individual to produce rounded, resilient leaders. BMC’s campus is a 120 acre up-land farm nestled within the Black Mountains within the Brecon Beacons National Park, Wales.
We have launched our first academic courses, and are looking to expand our team by employing a permanent Fundraising / Development Executive on either a full-time or part-time basis, offering flexibility for the right person.
Salary: £27,000 – £30,000 depending on experience
Reports to: Ben Rawlence, Chief Executive
Working Hours: 9am – 5pm, Monday – Friday full time. Part time hours will be considered at request (ideally 4 days per week minimum).
Holidays: 20 days holiday + 8 bank holidays + Extra Christmas Shutdown
Location: Talgarth, Powys. Flexible working approach, option to work from home with 2 days per week minimum in the office.
Key Relationships: Donors, Prospects, Influencers, Trustees, Senior Volunteers, CEO and Executive Team
Purpose of the role:
The Fundraising Executive (title tbc) will work closely with the Chief Executive and other fundraising resources to help raise the funds required to complete the capital development of BMC and the balance of its ongoing revenue needs.
Principle objectives of the role:
- Working closely with the Chief Executive, fundraising consultant and senior volunteers.
- Support the fundraising campaign so as to secure both capital and revenue income targets.
- Identify discrete components within both the capital and revenue targets that are suited to potential donors.
- Identify, nurture, and cultivate strategies for securing gifts from a range of sources including high net worth individuals, trusts and foundations, companies and statutory funders.
- Ensure there is a constant pipeline of identified and researched prospects to be considered.
- Assist in the drafting and development of fundraising resources, including bespoke proposals and funding proposals, campaign print, appropriate web copy and social media.
- Support the development and implementation of a robust stewardship strategy for current and future donors, and where appropriate be their key point of contact bringing in members of the wider Executive team when required.
- Take personal responsibility, when appropriate, for soliciting gifts of up to £100k from a range of prospects, especially Trusts and Foundations, by drafting compelling and concise applications within agreed timeframes.
- With the support of colleagues, take responsibility for the development and delivery of all events which support the fundraising campaign.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of BMC so you may become an external ambassador for the college to different stakeholder groups including donors, prospects, influencers and community groups.
- Take the lead in establishing processes for data capture, data retention and data distribution via BMC’s CRM system, Donorfy (currently under review). Ensure that all processes are compliant with GDPR regulations.
- Oversee the work of the Administrative Assistant.
- Take responsibility for tracking income, expenditure and managing the fundraising budget.
- Assist the Chief Executive in the production of timely and accurate management reports.
- Ensure that all fundraising complies with the Code of Fundraising Practice as issued by the Fundraising Regulator.
We are looking for an experienced, self-motivated and target driven individual who has the temperament to work in a start-up environment in a rural location.
Essential Skills and Experience
- At least five years of fundraising experience or similar (sales or business development experience also considered), in particular securing gifts from Trusts and Foundations and public giving
- Excellent communication skills, especially written
- A confident self-starter with the ability to work within a small dynamic team.
- A creative, can-do approach with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent IT skills including the use of CRM systems.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Existing knowledge and established networks of funders for projects concerned with climate change, the environment, and education
- Experience of using Donorfy and/or other CRM systems.
- Good level of education
- Personal interest in the environment/climate change and/or education
- Welsh speaker.
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Fundraisers
Ben Rawlence CEO / Vicky Curran
Apply by sending your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com
Apply by: Friday 8th Oct 2021