Join us for our next Volunteer Day on Saturday 14th August, for a day of fun and hard work up at our farm campus. This working party will involve continuing the upgrading of the footpath from the farm to Talgarth, as well as clearing the yard ready for our new students. We will also be building planters and establishing beds in the yard.
We’ll make sure we have coffee, tea and a selection of fabulous cakes. Please let us know whether you’re coming by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, so that we can make sure we have enough!
Here are the details for next week:
Date: Saturday 14th August
Time: 10am – 4pm, but please feel free to come and go whenever you please, we are very grateful for your help even if it is just for an hour or two!
Key Information: BMC wishes to operate the campus at TyH farm as a car free campus, which means keeping traffic to an agreed minimum (which is part of the planning requirements). In order to do BMC personnel will walk volunteers up from Talgarth so;
- we will meet at 10.00 in the main Talgarth car park
- we will walk about 30-40 mins covering 2.5 km (1.2 miles) with 125m of ascent up to TyH farm
- If you wish to cycle up, we can meet you at the farm (postcode Brecon LD3 0EF) around 10.40.
- Please feel free to walk yourself back down earlier than 15.30 if you need to leave before then.
Remember – BMC are holding these Volunteer Working Parties at Troed yr Harn twice a month from 10am – 4pm. Future dates are below:
- Sat 14th Aug
- Wed 25th Aug
- Sat 11th Sept
- Wed 22nd Sept
Tasks are suitable for anyone who has a very basic grasp of doing practical stuff, gardening and working with simple tools. To give you an idea of the sorts of tasks we plan to undertake over the coming months;
- Clearing weeds, scything/moving grass in selected areas
- Upgrading the footpath through the woods with steps/handrails
- Build planters and establish beds in the yard
- Build a compost latrine
- Plant trees/hedgerows
BMC will provide; H&S briefing/supervision, materials, tools, tea/coffee, snacks, and some gloves. Please wear stout boots, and bring your own gloves if you wish and whatever snacks you would like.
We look forward to seeing you there!