An online course delivered with ShareAction over two evenings in April for anyone wanting to understand how the financial system impacts our world socially, economically, and ecologically.
What will be covered?
- The functioning of the dominant financial systems.
- The leverage individuals have to persuade corporations to make significant changes for the greater and planetary good through practical exercises and interactive discussions.
- Your available assets (social/financial). Explore how you can exercise your power and receive bespoke advice.
- ShareAction’s strategy and how you can support it.
- How to challenge company boards at annual general meetings.
- Overall green investment guidance.
Dates: Wednesday 6th April AND Wednesday 13th April
Times: 7pm – 9.15pm
Instructions: After booking your spot, you will be able to access the meeting link to the Microsoft Teams Webinar.
NOTE: YOUR TICKET GIVES YOU ACCESS TO BOTH SESSIONS!
The session will be recorded and made available to participants after the event is over.
Who will I learn from?
Catherine is Chief Executive of ShareAction who coordinate civil society to promote responsible investment across Europe. ShareAction focus on mobilising mainstream institutional investors to drive accelerated action by companies on climate change, loss of biodiversity, gender issues, public health and food system risks. Catherine was recognised by the World Economic Forum as a Young Global Leader in 2014.
Michael joined ShareAction in 2018 as Senior Campaigns Manager, leading their work to mobilise individual people in support of its ambition to make the financial system work for people and planet. In his time at ShareAction he has worked on campaigns to file shareholder resolutions at huge companies including Tesco, HSBC and Unilever.
This course is rated as 1 (fully accessible) on our scale of accessibility as it takes place online.
Please see our booking terms & conditions on our Eventbrite page for more information. When booking, you confirm you agree to these terms.