A repeat of our Tool Sharpening course from April… Bring two or three unsharpened tools to the TFSR workshop and learn how to make them sharp again rather than replace them. Types of tools you can bring include sickles, axes, slashers, billhooks, secateurs and scythes.
This course is run in partnership with Tools for Self-Reliance (TFSR) Cymru.
What will I do and learn?
- Learn how to sharpen and maintain edged hand tools
- Discover how to work safely; use appropriate tools, equipment and personal protective equipment (PPE) to sharpen hand tools
- Don’t create waste – learn about what makes a quality tool when purchasing
- Understand the appropriate use of grinders and angle grinders
- Learn the appropriate use of a range of sharpening stones and the difference between oil and wet stones
Date – Saturday 13th August 2022 from 10am – 3pm
Location – at TFSR Workshop in Crickhowell. Upper House Farm, Standard Street, NP8 1BZ
What you need – You should wear suitable clothing, including gloves, and good, sturdy boots with steel toes if possible.
Please bring a water bottle and a packed lunch for a picnic, or you can purchase lunch within Crickhowell town.
Please park in the town centre public car park if you are arriving by car.
Bring along any tools you have that need sharpening. Please wrap the tool blades safely and label with your name.
Tea and coffee facilities available.
Age limit – You MUST be 16 years old or above to take part in this course.