Learn why dry/compost toilets are environmentally significant, how to plan for, design, and build a wooden dry/compost latrine.
Date – Sunday 18th September 2022 from 9am – 5pm
Location – at our Troed yr Harn Campus. Our campus is a car free site, we will meet everyone at 9am at Talgarth carpark (LD3 0PG) to walk up to the campus ready to start the course for 10am.
This is a moderate uphill walk of 35-40 minutes. If you are unable to walk to the site, we will organise car shares and provide directions to you from the car park.
What you need – You should wear suitable, weather-dependent PPE including gloves, and good, sturdy boots.
Please bring a water bottle and a packed lunch for a picnic at the farm.
Tea and coffee facilities available free of charge.
What will I do and learn?
- Understand the environmental problem and why compost toilets are important.
- Learn about regulations and risks of compost toilets.
- Learn how to site, design, build and operate.
- Understand the life cycle costs of compost toilets.
- Engage in the practical building of a twin pit dry compost latrine.
- Introduction to building a female/male urinal.