Student Support Administrator
Student Support Administrator
Come and support the first cohort of Further Education students at Black Mountains College!
This is a rewarding and varied role based in Talgarth but there will be some traveling to our other sites of learning based in and around the community to visit students. Your line managers will be the Teaching and Programme Coordinator and Community Training Manager.
- keeping detailed records of student applications, offers and enrolments and maintaining the learner database.
- ensuring all records are current and reflect current GPDR practices.
- liasing with the coordinator to ensure qualification registration and order certificates for each student.
- logging student absences and collating registers, recording unit assessments and maintaining assessment plans for quality control process.
- documenting and sharing student’s progress
- arrange printing and distribution of the Student Handbook, student portfolios and teaching folders (including all learning materials).
- Coordinate the wellbeing checks and parents’ consultations where appropriate.
- Ensuring the students are happy in their learning and report back any issues.
- Assisting in the classroom
- Arrange social events, travel and collate trip permissions and information for the students as required.
There may be an opportunity to achieve a supporting teaching and learning qualification with NPTC alongside this role.
Brecon, LD3 0AH
25.00 hours per week
Monday to Friday 9am to 2pm
Hourly rate and terms
National minimum wage
This is a government supported kickstarter role for six months for applicants under 25 years of age.
Additional employability support
Additional employability training will be provided by Cambrian Training.
CTC will deliver 26 hours of employability training and support with a mixture of online resources and mentor training that will be delivered at a flexible time to suit the business over the 6-month period of the Kickstart scheme.
All participants will receive the following high-quality training delivered by our team of qualified and experienced Training Officers:
- CV writing & Interview Skills,
- Job Applications & Searching for Employment,
- Personal Development Planning (incl. Career Goals & Advice),
- Team working,
- Time Management & Travel,
- English, Maths & Digital Literacy Assessments,
- Employment Rights & Responsibilities,
- Equality & Diversity,
- Prevent & Safeguarding,
All training delivered will be recorded and evidenced on a Personal Assessment Record and the young person will create a Continuous Professional Development log/diary and certificates will be issued on completion.
There may be opportunities at BMC for supported qualifications at NPTC Group of Colleges at level 2 and 3, as well as other training offered to all staff such as Welsh language, equality and diversity, wellbeing.
You should support the mission and values of Black Mountains College – see our website
Eye for detail and good organisation skills are necessary
You should like working with people, building relationships with others; experience of customer service is a plus.
Experience of Microsoft Education, Teams and social media platforms would be useful
Flexible and supportive approach to tasks required by the BMC tutors
How to apply
Email CV and Cover Letter to:
Closing date: August 1, 2021
BMC is an inclusive and affirmative action employer. We would love to hear from candidates from all cultural and educational backgrounds.