Teacher and Programme Coordinator
A teacher and programme coordinator is required to join our small dynamic team based in the centre of Talgarth in Wales. We are looking for an inspirational teacher passionate about equipping students with the skills necessary for a sustainable future.
Deadline – 5pm, 14th May 2021
This person will coordinate the three BMC NVQs. They will be responsible for working with the subject specific tutors (Seasonal Catering, Sustainable Coppicing and Green Wood Skills and Regenerative Horticulture) and co-ordinating and teaching core content including ecology, sustainability and life skills to our first cohort of up to 16 Further Education students from September 2021.
This is a part time position of 2 days a week initially for one year, incorporating preparation during the summer 2021 and 30 weeks of teaching from Sept 2021 to July 2022.
There will be some attendance at student events, consultation evenings and to represent BMC in schools and at careers fairs.
Black Mountains College is a new college helping to drive the transition to a sustainable future. It offers short courses and vocational training in ‘future skills’ that we believe will be more necessary and relevant in a low impact, low carbon world of short supply chains and climate disruption. Based in the Brecon Beacons National Park, we are open to all.
The BMC Teacher and Programme Coordinator will:
- Develop, manage and part- deliver the 1 year BMC core content (100 hrs) with emphasis on conservation, ecology, sustainability and modes of learning
- Deliver student induction and sustainability themed tutorials
- Be responsible for the Learner Database
- Manage the monthly student newsletter
- Attend termly standardisation meetings and co-ordinate other subject-specific teaching staff to ensure smooth running of the programme. Attend and run regular CPD meetings
- HLTA Higher teaching assistant qualification or someone with Qualified Teaching Status or similar
- Creative thinker with an interest in sustainability education and a passion for how people learn differently
- A proven track record of teaching in a tertiary setting
- Excellent organisational skills with an emphasis on attention to detail, record keeping, and learning outcomes
- The ability to build positive relationships and inspire students with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Schools Management Systems
- Welsh language speaker
- Experienced in the use of GSuite, Microsoft Office
- Salary dependent on experience
- Competitive package is available for the right candidate
- Training opportunities included
BMC is an inclusive and affirmative action employer. We would love to hear from candidates from all cultural and educational backgrounds.
Please send a CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org