An Administrator is required to support the growth of this exciting new college in Talgarth, Powys.
Black Mountains College is a new college helping to drive the transition to a sustainable future. We offer short courses and vocational training in ‘future skills’ that we believe will be more necessary and relevant in a low impact, low carbon world of short supply chains and climate disruption. We are also developing a campus and undergraduate programme. Based in Wales in the Brecon Beacons National Park, we are open to all.
Deadline – 5pm, 14th May 2021
BMC is looking for a self-sufficient, responsible, and reliable candidate to support this small team. This is a part- time role based in Talgarth with some expectation for attendance at events in the community and elsewhere.
The administrator will support all functions within the team – fundraising, communications and academic delivery. It is a varied and rewarding role, ideal for anyone with experience in administration, communications or project management.
- Organise and maintain college systems, databases and procedures, and support the team to ensure smooth operations: including coordinating diaries, travel, accommodation
- Preparing reports and minutes for board meetings and committees
- Maintain and manage both paper and electronic filing systems.
- Manage the office budget and order supplies when required.
- Manage health and safety and fire regulations requirements in the office.
- Liaise with landlord and deal with premises issues as they arise.
- Arrange printing and distribution of marketing materials for events.
- Assist with setting up and promotion of events.
- Support social media activities – monitoring activities, responding and posting.
- Internal communications
- Assist with research of prospects, trusts and foundations
- Database management
- Grant reporting and record keeping
- Manage enquiries and offers of support
- Communicate volunteer opportunities
- Manage log of volunteer time and expenses as appropriate
- Ensure payments are made accurately and on time.
- Some basic book-keeping in association with accountants, updating QuickBooks
- Excellent organisational skills
- The ability to build positive relationships with good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experienced in Microsoft Office
- The ability to self-organise and maintain a flexible and supportive approach to tasks required by the BMC team.
- Knowledge of Quick Books
- Welsh speaking
- Salary of £20k per annum, pro rata
- Pension contributions, staff enrichment and training budget
- Flexible working arrangements
To apply please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
BMC is an inclusive and affirmative action employer. We would love to hear from candidates from all cultural and educational backgrounds.