Further Education Coordinator
We require a Further Education Coordinator to co-ordinate and supervise the delivery of our NVQs across our sites in Treherbert and Talgarth, whilst supervising the FE tutor team on a full-time, permanent basis.
Hours: 37.5 per week
Contract: Permanent (job share may be considered)
Reports to: Christianne Wakeham (COO)
Location: Treherbert with regular visits to our Head Office in Talgarth (fuel expenses covered) approximately once a week.
Benefits: 24 days holiday + bank holidays + extra Christmas shutdown, flexible working arrangements available, company sick pay after 12-months service.
Background of BMC:
Black Mountains College (BMC) is a small college that aims to have a big impact. Our unique programmes connect the environment, society, and the individual to produce rounded, resilient leaders.
We offer Level 2 NVQs – Regenerative Horticulture, and Sustainable Coppicing and Greenwood Trades, and Nature Recovery, a variety of short courses, and a new degree – BA (Hones) Sustainable Futures: Arts, Ecology and Systems Change validated by Cardiff Metropolitan University.
We are partnering with Welcome to our Woods in Treherbert to offer our NVQs in Regenerative Horticulture, and Coppicing & Greenwood Trades in this location for a September 2023 start.
Purpose of the role:
To co-ordinate and supervise the delivery of our NVQs across both sites, whilst supervising the FE tutor team. Oversee the planning, development, quality assurance, and review of courses.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Co-ordinate and Supervise the FE tutor team across both of our sites to oversee the planning, development and review of courses, schemes of work, lesson plans and resources to ensure they are up-to-date and relevant, and that there is consistency across BMC’s delivery centers
- Act as Admissions Tutor for all FE courses. Organise and oversee student induction each year across teaching sites
- Liaise with Neath Port Talbot College regarding any students with additional needs and student welfare
- Support the wellbeing of students, provide student support, and support with student 121’s as required
- Conduct and document regular one to one reviews, observations, and annual appraisals with FE tutors
- Update supervisor with any issues affecting quality and timely delivery of the College’s FE courses programme
- Organise and deliver 3 tutor development/standardisation meetings per year
- Ensure all course records are kept up to date and all documents are prepared and submitted on time to validating partner
- Work with the COO and Academic Lead to ensure standards are met in terms of learning, teaching and assessment, learner behaviour, safeguarding and welfare of learners, equality and diversity practices
- Ensure all quality requirements are met across the College’s FE courses, including IQA and EQA visits
- Monitor risk assessment and health and safety standards across all FE courses
- Support the induction of and mentor new team members
- Engage in the delivery of teaching sessions as required
- Ensure compliance with regulatory guidelines and contractual agreements, including any surrounding administration
- Assist with reasonable additional duties as and when required, including supporting with the organisation of and attending Discovery Days, careers fairs and other related events.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Level 4 qualification or above
- 2+ years of teaching experience in a relevant subject, and in an FE setting or similar
- People management skills and experience
- Creative thinker with an interest in sustainability education and a passion for how people learn differently
- The ability to build positive relationships and inspire students with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Active interest in new forms of pedagogy and methods for engaging students inside and outside the classroom
- Organized, motivated, reliable and consistent
- Full driving licence
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Welsh speaker
- A strong interest in sustainability and environmental issues
- First aid trained
Please apply with your CV and covering letter via Indeed.
Inclusion and Diversity:
BMC is a firm believer in diversity and inclusion in the workplace. BMC is an equal opportunity employer that seeks to further diversify its staff in terms of gender, disability, religion, age, sexual orientation, culture, economic background and nationality.
Contact – Vicky Curran on firstname.lastname@example.org